Before Your Flight
- On the evening before your scheduled flight, we will contact you by phone to give you the 'fly' or 'no fly' decision based on weather conditions. NOTE: When making your reservation it is important that you provide a phone number where you can be reached on the evening before and the day of your scheduled flight.
- If conditions are good for a flight, you will be given a meeting time and location for the following morning.
- Our flights generally take place shortly after sunrise -- therefore, we like to depart for the launch site about 1 hour prior to sunrise, allowing us time to prepare all equipment for a safe launch. A launch site will be chosen based on wind direction and speed on the morning of your scheduled flight.
- Once we have arrived at the launch site, the crew will prepare the balloon for inflation.
- Once you are airborne you will be treated to a view as you've never seen before! Because you are traveling with the wind, there literally is no sense of motion -- either forward or up/down. It is truly a 'ZEN' like experience.
- Your flight will last approximately an hour. During your flight our chase crew will follow the balloon keeping contact by radio. Once you have landed the balloon will be packed away and loaded back onto the truck.
After Your Flight
- Following your flight and pack up of the balloon, we will travel to Sara Park in Lake Havasu for our post-flight picnic. You will be treated to pastries, fresh seasonal fruit and sparkling cider and/or fruit juice to celebrate your 'lighter-than-air' experience.
- Each passenger will receive a personalized 'First-Flight Certificate' and a lapel pin styled for our balloon, to commemorate his/her flight.
Our Flying Areas
- Parker, AZ - Flights in this beautiful river valley offer a spectacular aerial view of the Colorado River and the patchwork display of fields! The landscape takes on different colors throughout the year -- rich greens, yellos, golds and deep browns. You never know what wildlife you will encounter -- sand cranes, coyotes or wild burros! NOTE: The majority of our flights take place in Parker due it's open flying area. This allows us a greater opportunity for a longer flight.
- Lake Havasu City, AZ - Lake Havasu flights offer a breathtaking early morning view of the London Bridge, Lake Havasu and it's surrounding mountains. The brilliant color as the sun rises and sheds it's light over the city viewed from the air -- like nothing you've seen. NOTE: Due to the limited flying area of Lake Havasu, low wind speeds are necessary for flying in and around the city. Winds will be checked carefully -- if they are within the required safe wind speed range, a meeting site will be chosen based on direction. However, if wind speeds are deemed too fast to conduct a safe flight in Lake Havasu, a flight in Parker may be possible.